Saturday 29 August 2015

Mourinho Uncharacteristically Took the Blame for the Defeat


Chelsea fans were lefty stunned as Crystal Palace came to Stamford Bridge and did what very few teams in the world have done in the past nine years, beat Chelsea.

Radamel Falcao finally scored his first goal for Chelsea as he equalized after Sako had given Palace the lead. James Ward struck to win the game for his side and Mourinho uncharacteristically took the blame for the defeat as there was no one to deflect the attention to this time. “I cannot say I had 11 players at the same time performing. To be fair, two or three of them, individual performances were far from good,
” Mourinho told reporters. “I blame myself for not changing one of them, because I kept him in the game for 90 minutes. When I made the third change, I realised I needed a fourth. If a player is not performing, there are two ways: trust the player and wait for improve, or… have to change. I can go both.” Mourinho did however manage to put some of the blame on the referee as he went on to say “Finally, the referee, with a big mistake, a clear penalty with the result at 0-0.” After praising Crystal Palace for an impressive performance.
Chelsea have picked up only 4 points from a possible 12 and now find themselves playing catch up before September like every other team did last season when they blew past the entire premier league in August and September. Chelsea are currently 13th in the premier league and 8 points behind Manchester City

No comments:

Father's Day 2023: Asaba Cleric Calls for Total Submission to God's Directives.

 _By Chidex Onyemah_  The resident priest at the Christ Holy Church International Asaba 2 district, Rev. Pastor Alexander Muo, has called on...